- View of Darwin's Chinatown area (rear?)
- c. 1912 - c. 1914
- Australia - Northern Territory - Darwin (Palmerston)
- Interpretive description
Sir Baldwin Spencer's book, in which this photograph is published, draws from diary entries over 1912 when he was resident in Darwin.
- External Url
- China Town at Darwin, Northern Territory.
Tin buildings and fences at China Town in Darwin, Northern Territory.
- c. 1914
- catalogue record + digital image
- photograph; 6.5 x 20 cm. Magazine cutting.
- PRG 280/1/11/69
Searcy Collection, - 1935; State Library of South Australia. Details
- Reproduction rights owned by State Library of South Australia
- Chinatown, Darwin
- Published photograph
- Caption: 'B.S.' is assumed to stand for Baldwin Spencer.
- Spencer, Sir Baldwin
- between pp.610-611
Spencer, Sir Baldwin, Wanderings in Wild Australia, vol. II, Macmillan & Co, London, 1928. Details